Google
 

boxing

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Scam Emails

A sweet-talk from scammers who sends bunch of junk email everyday. It is really annoying to receive such junk in our mailbox each day. You might have read one of these letter from stranger asking you to reply with your Name, Phone number, Bank Account, etc. because you have a cash waiting, not just a cash but millions of dollars or euros even gold bars deposited to some fictitious person. Animation at its best. Here's an example:

Dear Friend,
I am very happy to inform you about my success in getting that fund transferred. Now I want you to contact my secretary and ask him for a cheque worth of USD$900,000,00 which I kept for you as a compensationof your past assistance to me
Note that if you did not send him the complete information,he will not release the cheque to you because he has to be sure that it is you. Note also that I will not be reached by email or phone at thismoment because I am currently in London for investment trip with my share.
Regards,Eze Chinasa

What a jerk! The sender doesn't wish to be contacted because she is in London?! Here's another one.

Dear sir I am Mr JEFFERY M ANTHONY, a personal assistant to Mr Dirk ,who died in a car accident.I have contacted you as the beneficiary to the late Mr Dirk to claim the fund valued at €4.5 million euros and 150Kgs of Gold he deposited before he died.Your immediate/urgent response is needed now and dont hesitate to call me now.Please get in touch with me through the above email or my alternative email :(jefferymanthony@live.fr). My tel+229 976 72 880
Again what a stupid person.”Your immediate response is needed,” but DON'T CALL ME NOW?! And he leaves his number...Yeah great story huh?
A lot of this funny yet annoying stories I'm getting every day from my mailbox. I know that this is far, way far to be true. How I wish I can “unsubscribed”them. If I could but no, they will keep coming.

If you receive an unsolicited e-mail seeking you to receive a large sum of money or be presented as the next of kin of a large fortune from someone you never heard of (especially if that person resides overseas), don't believe it. This is almost certainly a scam where you will be asked to pay some type of fee before you can claim the money or you will be presented with a phony check and asked to return a share. Don't be fooled by official looking documents as scammers make a living forging these things. Also many scammers work in rings and have partners who may pose as lawyers, government officials, bank officials etc. Be aware!

No comments: