Google
 

boxing

Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Fight too short, too hyped - Pacquiao Versus Hatton



Early this year a fight between the Pacman and the Hitman is being stich to sport's history book to be the most anticipated fight of 2009. This could be the years loudest most talked about event, but what made this fight more exciting is not the fighters alone but the spices of both trainers' prefight prediction which I think hype it all.



Since February, I've been saving comments and prefight analysis mostly on Hatton Camp that I find interesting. These are all i have saved and after watching the fight also are my comments.



Starting with Floyd Mayweather Snr: he has a message to Manny Pacquiao



"Tic-Tac-Toe, Manny you better stay down if you want to be around" - ahh lemme see, as I could remember in less than 24 hours it's the other way around.






Lee Beard:



"In this fight Manny will make the same mistake as normal and Ricky will capitalize. If Ricky does get his shots off when these mistakes are made this fight could be a lot easier for Ricky than people think. Ricky is a big Light Welter and Manny is in good shape for the weight but he is naturally smaller, in his fight with Marquez he was hit with a left hook that shook him, now I believe, If Ricky were to land the same shot Manny would be knockedout.



Manny make some massive errors and he is very repetitive in some of his movements and with certain punches and the way he throws them. I think Ricky will stop Manny within 6 rounds. I think the first time Ricky gets hold of him and unloads, Manny won't know what's hit him. If Ricky fought Diaz - he would be way too fast, too big, too strong and stop Diaz in 3 to 5 rounds; and If Ricky was on the ring with Oscar that same fight night in December it would have ended within four. Me and Floyd Snr. have been talking and putting game plan together and we are 100 percent confident Ricky will knock Manny out early." - okey i couldn't catch up where to put all Mr Beard's analysis. He's saying "IF" count how manny Ifs are there, If Manny misses shots, made a mistake, caught off-guarded, a smaller opponent under 140lbs will end up sleeping in less than six rounds...oh i see now, well IT DIDN'T HAPPENED!



where is their 100 percent game plan in 359 seconds?! All I saw was the same old Ricky brawling, trying to find the Pacman and being HIT by a dozen blinding hooks and jabs. Did he think he could still stand the power of Manny after knockedown twice in the first round? hmm adrenaline rush perhaps?






Brad Cooney of 8countnews.com:



"Hatton is a come to you, fighter so if he plans to come to Manny, expect to see a the British version of a human bubble head doll in the ring. If Hatton is to pull off an upset, he will need to hit Manny with something he doesn't see." - Yes, indeed he is a 'come to Manny' fighter and No he was NOT a human head version of a bubble head doll (only Manny has that version during the Giant game and he was giving it away to fans.) instead he was a human punching bag that Manny always welcome to target practice, Ricky wasn't even close to a speedbag.




"There will be blood, and more likely it won't be on Manny Pacquiao's face."- This didn't happened since none of the boxer had blood on their faces.






Evander Holyfield: "It's not so much how hard someone hits, it's more of a matter hit with something that you do not see." - So true as Ricky had not seen where those punches came from plus a perfect punch that goes him good night.




Ricky Hatton:


"It's a shame you can't be inside me and see how confident I'm feeling." - Indeed it was a shame, we don't need to be inside you mate because we don't want to see those twinkle twinkle little star.


"The reason why I think I'm going to win is that I've seen Manny drops to body shots from smaller men a few times. I've seen him shaken up by head punches. Bear in mind, I'm the biggest fighter he will have fought against." - We haven't seen that one in your fight because it was too short. If someone went for a pee and comes back he could have missed the action. The bigger you are the harder you fall and it was true all along.


"If Manny Pacquiao decides to bang at close range, the fight is going to be over in 30 seconds." - Now you got it right this time Rick. You just forgot to mention it will be you and not Manny that will be gone in 30 sec. or was it 12 sec? I could not be sure, I need to review when exactly...


"I've only lost in 46 fights and that was up to Welterweight, I won a world title at Welterweight but it's clear it's not my natural division. I really think I'm the boss over my opponents with my size and strength and with my extra boxing ability now which, from what I've heard from Pacquiao Camp I don't think they've prepared for, they're going to be in for a shock." - Make this one your 2nd loss and from your natural weight this time. What you've heard was probably hearsay from Manny's Camp. You should have watch HBO 24/7 and pay attention to it. Manny gave you a lot of pointers there. It could have been easy for you than hiring Floyd Snr.


"Hatton is the better boxer. Hatton is the better ring General while Pacquiao is more like a ring Buck-Private." - Okey I will agree on the ring General thing for your effort to rush in like a raging Bull while Pacman is like a Hunter not a Buck-Private, waiting for the bull. I will put it that way.
"Three or four fights ago, Manny would have beaten me. I don't think so now. I feel so much relaxed because I'm boxing technically so much better. I'm jabbing and moving a lot better." - Three or four fights ago would still be the same if you have fought Manny since there were no fight difference you've shown us. As what you're fans says there is only one Ricky Hatton... fighting the same style I guess.
Michael Marley:
"I'm putting 75 large on Hatton to win this fight. It's time to pay off the mortgage Oceanfront Cape Cod estate. Maybe I will have the Kennedy clan over for the ceremony in which I take the mortgage papers and incinerate them the way Hatton is going to burn Pacman character." - I would presume Mr Marley got a huge loss this weekend too. Doesn't he know it is not good to buy a house these days? and the Kennedy to do the ceremony? - CANCELED! because Pacman's character is here to stay while the "Hitman" won't.
What really happened during the fight was Ricky's game plan (if there is) went overboard. He admitted later that he ruled his heart over his mind and that he didn't expect such speed and power would finish him too quickly.

I believe during his practise was quite different as we see him being the tougher man, the improved fighter. He got that great confidence in him after beating Paulie convincingly. Yet fighting the Pacman is quite different than fightin Paulie. I do not believe Malignaggi's speed and power is similar to Pacman. Then during the fight Ricky ruled his ferocity over game plan which resulted his early stoppage.
Indeed, Ricky brought us all a shocking performance. An unpresidented brutal knock out, we all didn't expect from him in such an early round. I could remember the early days of Mike Tyson where he always demolish his opponents in less than 3 to 5 rounds.
From what had happend, I still believe that Ricky could come back and prove us all that he belong to the most feared fighter in boxing less Mayweather Sr. as his trainer because he not only talk to much but in the end leave his lad, worse put the blame on his fighter for the defeat. What a sportsman Floyd Sr is. He is indeed a one of a kind coach.
There were manny prefight prediction on Hatton's Camp before this fight actually happened. What I've written is just a piece of the pie; a lot more we can find among boxing sites, from TV to sport webcast sites. Thanks for visiting.


No comments: