Google
 

boxing

Sunday, March 2, 2008

TELEMARKETER SNOB

Have you been receiving unwanted calls lately? Prank calls. Calls like you really not expecting to rang on your phone every day. Calls that repeatedly keep coming even though you already say "we're not interested" but hey were you able to interrupt the conversation just before it's over? have you got the time to say it?

This so called "Telemarketer" that pops up like a spam on your email every day could sometime break your temper. Why? huh guess what. They really just can't stop bugging you evertime they have a new offer in the market. As if you are the immediate consumer on their list. This story might not be as significant to others but for me it does.

Some time last month; I happened to received another annoiying call but this time it was different. It's from a calling company to the Philippines ( i'll just disclosed the company's name, see how good i am? not to tell everyone who read this. If every someone might find this). I really thought it was a call from my wife who happened to be on call on in the hospital that day. I thought my wife would advice me that she could not come home early for some reason.

So i did answer the phone not knowing it was just another "telemarketer". It was almost midnight central time whe i got this call. Looking for me. The agent (could not even pronounce my name right) asked if i already tried their system to call Philippines. He continued that "he just badly needs to know if i use it or not so he could assist me if i don't". But what the heck, i've been telling this company not to bother me again, If i ever i will use it they will definitely know. Their system would register my call if their is.

They just could not get rid of me in their list. He further continue by asking me to please try calling someone even a fraction of a minute. I also explain to him that "I don't have someone to call at the time" he just could not understand. Perphaps he did but too subborn, he is.

I hang up the phone to end that nowhere to go conversation. The next 30 minutes past, I was half asleep, baby sitting your own child is not a big joke; then i received another call again it was midnight already. I thought it was from my wife. But it ain't, it was again from that calling company. Man can't they just call it a day! They not only interupted my precious sleep but also bothered me in the middle of the night. So they could have a comission if i will make that first call he badly want.

The same old stories asking me to make a fraction of minute call, I explained to him again that "i don't have someone to call with in the Philippine that time".

Ok he bought that story but instead asked me to call someone here at home because he says that I could still use it here. Hmm...he definitely have some persuation skills ehy! He must be crazy at past midnight he want me to call "anybody" i know just to facilitate his querries. He even suggested to call my wife and leave a message or something.

Would you be happy if somebody called you in the middle of the night just to say to them that "hey just wanna bother you because i'm trying this new cheap calls that i recently got" i bet your ears will hear a big slam. I didn't do that to the Agent. it ain't just me.

So to cut the conversation short i pretend to ask their 1-800 number so i can call. He gladly provided me the steps and guide me through it, little did he know that after he will hang up he won't here anything from me. He insisted to follow up the call after 10 minutes which he did but i never answered any fone calls again i just let the voice mail do that for me.

Philippines has a growing number of call centers probably next to India. I have even friends and relatives employed in a call center. They say it pays good income. But i can't help but wonder, Do they have a courtesy guide book on "when they have to call people?" or was this story an isolated incident.

My wife and l are so irritated receiving this unwanted call everyday. Occationally we answered our phone but most of the time we just let people to leave a message before we answer it. That's the best thing to do. Telemarketer usually don't leave message on voice mail right? They know they won't have a call back.

Have you experience any similar incident to my story? If you do well, i guess i'm not alone...
Thank you for having the interest to finish my story.

No comments: